Saturday, December 16, 2006

Blog Commenting as a sales tool

No comments :
I have posted before about my use of blogs in my 'sales' cycle. Last winter i put together an internal communication call BlogitUP! for my coworkers with resources on utilizing blogs to understand our customer better and to engage with them outside of the traditional methods. I am pretty sure that most did not listen at the time and i honestly didn't expect them to but more and more i have also been getting pinged - can i leave a comment? how do i do that without sounding like a sales pitch, etc. Well my response is always to be sincere and build a relationship with the blogger, and by relationship i don't necessarily mean comment multiple times and act like you are courting them - just communicate with them on the topics that you and they are interested in and you can potentially assist them with in meeting their goals or yours.

I got a kick out of a comment that Pam Wood from Coldwell Banker Riveras Realtor in Cabos left on my last post. She was sincere and shows that she is listening to her marketplace perhaps through a blog alert? Too bad i am not in the market for Mexico real estate- but if you read this and you are please contact me ;-)- see how effective she was- right on!

No comments :