Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Qualities to be a winner

No comments :
In the last 7 days I have gotten pinged by a couple of folks about why no posting- well there are various reasons- i took a couple of days off and went to Yosemite, my in-laws came to town which means that evenings/weekends when I do my blog reading and writing were spent entertaining- and as usual I have been busy with delivering some big projects- great for me bad for my legions of millions of blog readers-ha not really millions.....

So why am I so busy at work that I don't have time to blog about something that I have been enjoying? Probably because I am competitive- just need to put blogging on my competitive edge to-do list.


One thing that i have managed to do is listen to some of my weekly podcasts- one which i always enjoy is Business Week's Cover stories podcast. It complements the new issue's cover story with an extensive interview with its writers and editors which i find to be a great format.

This week's "What Makes a Winner-The Competition" issue includes some interesting items and the podcast focused on a poll of over 2500 U.S. Managers.

So what are the top qualities that are most likely to help people win in the business world?
1. Self confidence
2.Integrity
3.Self discipline

No comments :