- Setting up a gmail account with her name [i did this about 3 months before giving birth and started sending her messages, figured if we didn't go with that name i would get a new one and forward the messages] i am pretty sure that gmail will be around when she is old enough to have an email account
- A couple of months before giving birth, when we had decided on a name, after many Google searches, i setup an filter on my Twitter Tweetdeck to see how her name was being used
- Bought my daughter's name Domain name [after birth because i wanted to make sure that it was a girl and she looked like a Ramona :-) i did check its availablity a couple of months prior and was a bit nervous that it could get picked up but didn't want to spend the 10 bucks!
- Setup up a digital babybook [2 weeks prior to giving birth]. I am using a great service called lil'grams that allows me to securely share pictures, videos and stories for friends and family while allowing them to choose how they want to be updated of new things i post. i will be posting up a detailed review about the service shortly on this blog
- I checked facebook, there is already someone else with her name (in Italy) but i didn't bother, i am pretty sure that facebook will be the MySpace of her generation due to something bigger and better (perhaps even sooner!) so there will be better places for her online. i didn't bother with twitter either i can't see myself tweeting on her behalf and i think there will be other fads when she is ready to speak her mind.
- [Edit: Addition] I setup all the grandparents on Skype! Ramona's grandparents are scattered all around so we had to make sure they got skype working for all those video calls as they watch her grown remotely!
- [Edit: Addition]I got a Flip Mino Video Camera, i have a camcorder but it is to bulky to pull out to catch those special moments, the flip is always with me even when i am out of the house
What am i missing that you would add to this list?