My RSS feed reader where i combine blog feeds, web site feeds and premium content subscriptions is still my favorite way to absorb and keep my eyes on things- Why? because i know:
- which feeds i want to read first- the 'news breaking' bloggers
- which ones i go to when thinking about a specific customers - the 'customer intelligence' bloggers
- where the technical products reviews and product releases are that are not going to hit the mainstream for a while- the 'web 2.0' monitors
- which ones have have industry specific information- ' the information/content delivery' bloggers
- the friends and acquintences- 'the i have met so many smart people in the last year' bloggers
what i have noticed is that from a political perspective my participation in consuming information has drastically been reduced. For world news coverage- i turn old fashion and go to New York Times as well as The Wall Street Journal (free print from the 11th floor of my building since we are part of the Dow Jones companies) but i do try to keep true to my political interests and go to the Huffington Post daily and have the luxury of having my own political news aggregator in my husband.
Podcasts and more and more Videocasts (or whatever you want to call them) are also becoming a big part of my consumption pattern. I have been trying to create an OPML feed to put on my blog of podcasts i listen to for the last 30min. however it is absolutely gorgeous out today and i must go out and play among the music lovers- so i will save that for later!