Saturday, July 05, 2008

Can i Survive Without my Laptop?

No comments :
I bit the bullet and bought myself an iTouch, my BlackBerry has an International plan and i therefore i have made the decision to leave my laptop at home. Will the iTouch in combination with my Blackberry be an enabler to me having a connected vacation? I am heading to Spain and Portugal to visit family and catch some Bob Dylan shows. I am having a little anxiety as i always do-but especially because i usually take my laptop when i travel. First, because i always like having web access- at night at hotels to check out travel sites for the next days, or things like train schedules but also because i like to keep connected to my work inbox.

With my Blackberry i will have access to my work email, i can also VPN into the network with my iTouch via WIFI (yes i tried it using our external connect service- and it worked!), and obviously i have web browser both on the BlackBerry and the iTouch when i have access to WIFI- so there really is no need for the laptop. Any document that i might 'need' i have sent to my gmail account. So hopefully i will be able to survive without lugging around a heavy laptop~ i will keep you updated as to how well that goes- i have high hopes and am very much looking forward to my vacation!

No comments :