What have i missed (not specific service providers but additional categories)? Please add to comments. Thanks!
In no particular order:
- Twitter and other microblogging platforms
- Social Networks- content created through things like Facebook feeds
- User generated Metadata (Library of Congress Flickr project, increase in Microformat adoption, FOAF, enablers like Reuters Calais project etc.)
- Visualization – taking data and making visual engaging media–Swivel , ManyEyes, Gapminder
- Portable content- content that consists of friends lists, attention filters etc. see dataportability.org
- Video Video Video – but not just uploading/sharing video- Services like Seesmic that enable conversations and EyeJot- new communication to replace emails etc.
- Self publishing, Lulu.com, Blurb.com etc.
- User Generate product creation, Zazzle, Cafepress,- all the rage is to create your own merchandise – smart vendors are jumping on board see the partnerships that folks like Zazzle have with Disney,Lucas etc.
- Self publishing tools for creating business marketing, e-learning material etc. Flypaper, slideshare,
- Online Digital Picture tools- Picnik, Scrapblog
- Data that creates data- mashups that are taking user generated content and generating content from that data for the user on the fly. Tools like MyBlogLog’s enablement of Blog Juice
- Mobile content- be it video, pictures or good old text